Monday, May 3, 2010

How to make ANY cake even better.

Yeah so I'm a bit off-topic here but oh well. One can only post so many Bible verses in a 24 hour period without thinking about cake. This is what you do. (I discovered this myself.) Make your cake. Add frosting. Take one packet of hot cocoa mix and sprinkle it on the frosting. Take a butterknife and gently swirl it in. The end result will be tiny chocolate sparkles that have a way of blending flavors with any flavor frosting, and plenty of compliments from partakers of said cake. I should know. I've been making cakes lately. And sent over a huge chunk of cake with my daughter to give to her dad's brother, my former brother-in-law, who is an excellent cook. I never give food to people who can cook well unless it's something I'm proud of. Sort of like, I have trouble smiling big and wide around dental hygenists. And I got the report back that he loved it and ate the whole thing at once, when it was enough for both he and his wife. I was beaming all evening after hearing that. So that's it. Just remember that. You may want to keep hot cocoa mix on hand for this very reason. Also you can add marshmallows into it, I've been doing that lately too. I've gained a little weight. I wonder what I will look like when all this is said and done. How far am I supposed to sink into this state of justice? That's what all this is about, you know. I'm paying the price. Got my own consequences for my own mishaps with God. But that's not what this blog is about. Nor is it about cake, but see the problem is, I'm trying out some Vivarin. Maybe I shouldn't have taken it this late in the day.